What is VPS Hosting?
VPS (Virtual Private Server) is a virtual machine that is marketed as a service. It acts like a dedicated server amidst shared hosting. It is one of the economical Hosting services that you can use to host your website on the World Wide Web.
VPS Hosting has its own Operating system on which it works. Just like a Physical server it can be used for creating and configuring software.
How does VPS Hosting work?
VPS Hosting is type of hosting between Shared Hosting and Dedicated server. You can enjoy the benefits of dedicated hosting services in spite of the shared hosting environment in which VPS Hosting works.
In the VPS hosting system all the users have access to the common RAM and CPU hardware. This is achieved when the single server is divided into virtual server compartments and each user has root access to a private server.
You are able to run many online (virtual) operating systems on your system using VPS hosting.
Advantages of VPS Hosting
- Privacy: Since the server is divided each has their own server and privacy is maintained.
- Control: If one of the private virtual server has problems or is restarted the other users are not disturbed
- Customizable: In VPS hosting customization and configuration is easy as all the resources are stored in one central location while there is isolated server segmentation.
- Resources Dedication: A particular amount of RAM is dedicated to a VPS server and this is available for the user at any point of time.
Disadvantages of VPS Hosting
- When the physical server fails, than the whole VPS hosting setup with its virtual servers also fail.
- Since only certain amount of Space is allocated to a particular server, extra space has to be purchased in case the VPS hosting space is exhausted.
- Extra resources like RAM Processors and other data backup resources cannot be added to a VPS hosting plan.
- Choosing the VPS Hosting Plan may prove costly when your web traffic goes down but you still have to pay for the space not used.
- VPS hosting is not flexible as well
Why Choose VPS Hosting?
Price: -. VPS is one of the most economical hosting services available at present They are economical because it works like a physical server but the cost is lower than that physical server.
Scalability: It is scalable and is easily configurable to your needs even while accommodating new resources.
- Each VPS acts and works like a Stand-alone server
- It can be rebooted separately even when other VPS servers are working. You can thus access your user, IP addresses, applications, system libraries, processes, memory and configuration files.
- You get 1 GB RAM
- It gives root access to install applications and services on other operations systems also
- You get a flexibility of approximately 100G B disk space and 2000 GB data transfer monthly.
- Free Domain name
- 24/7 support
- Dedicated web, FTP, Mail and Database server.